Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wilton Class Cakes

Everyone has to start somewhere, so last summer I took my 30+ years (yes, my mom had me decorating birthday cakes for my dog when i was 8 years old) of cake decorating experience to Michael's Craft Store once a week for the Wilton Method Cake Decorating Classes.  I finished Course 1, 2, 3 and did all but the last cake on Course 4 (we were out of town and I got a bit sugared out after four months of caking).

If you've taken a Wilton Class, these cakes are probably familiar:
Course 1, Buttercream Transfer



We did drop flowers:


and then the final cake was with a border and roses on top,



Course 2 focused mostly on royal flowers of all sorts that we saved for the final cake,
a buttercream basket weave oval (I still don't know what I'm going to do with those pans).



I also practiced on a few cakes outside of class

No comments:

Post a Comment