Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Kitchen Cupcake Love



First cupcakes in my new kitchen (yes, I could say 'our' new kitchen, but who am I kidding?).  This quick two dozen were for the cake walk at my son's preschool Fall Festival.


White Almond Sour Cream marbled with chocolate topped off with a hearty swirl of All American buttercream frosting.  A fondant mod flower with pearl dragée finished the simple decor. I bagged each cupcake in a cellophane bag with a sheer chocolate brown bow.




Yes, I am loving my new kitchen and the bountiful counter space on the new island. Can't wait to tackle a big cake project once I settle in a little more. 

 (And I'm also working on finding my best natural light window photo to shoot near. These were taken at 11:30 p.m., which studies show is the most common hour in which school-required cupcakes are completed. )

1 comment:

  1. You are amazingly talented, my friend. The force is definitely with you.

    ReplyDelete